The day was still young and while sitting on the edge of the bed I thought how given names often become secondary to the person. You start out with a single given name, possibly with a middle name. The surname is usually the father’s last name unless there has been some problem. It’s the given name that becomes a name that changes and often is hated or it is lost under the guise of the first letter of the given name something like F. Eugene and so on.
Wow, I just hid my first name from you. You will know shortly all the names I have!
I would like anyone who is reading this post to help me write another post by giving me your first name and a list of your nicknames. If you do not wish your information used in any manner don’t fill in the questionnaire. I promise the information you give me will be scrambled with other information.
My information that I will submit will be:
My great grandfather’s given name was the same as mine, My father’s middle name was the same.
- Buzz: 1st nickname given to me by my Father. He said I always buzzed during diaper changes! For many this name still is used.
- Buzzy: My aunt added the “y”. Don’t know why! My Mother followed suit using it.
- Franny Gene: As I grew older my aunt started using this and lasted with her for years.
- Francis Eugene: Only used by my Mother when I had done something she didn’t like.
- Sonny: from my father in my teen years
- Frank: 1st night in the dorm at CIA the coordinator took roll and called Frank, no one answered so I finally did. That was in 1965 and it still is here! Now for official documents and travel I need to use my given name!
- Frankie: From M
- Crimafice: From M. since I have hammer toes!
- Brudder: When I write to my sister it is Dear Seeeeeeeester and when I close it’s der Brudder.
DO NOT FORGET TO HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON AFTER YOU FILL THE FORM
Please feel comfortable doing this for me. Your information will come directly to me. I will be the only one to see it. If you have a name you wish not to appear publicly just tell me not to publish it.
Let’s see who will beat the number of names I have!!
I know this is crazy, but I hope you will join in!! Thank you!!